Blizzard Entertainment has just revealed this year’s third and final Hearthstone Masters Tour location — Bucharest, Romania.
The city is the home of one of the first large open Hearthstone LAN events, which occurred during DreamHack 2014. Since then, the country itself has hosted multiple tournaments.
From October 18 to 20, approximately 300 competitors will be duking it out with $250,000 USD on the line. This will be in addition to $250,000 USD in prizes thanks to the revenue generated from the Masters Bundle.
Joining the Hearthstone masters
This bundle lets the Hearthstone community contribute to esports, as 50 percent of the revenue goes to this year’s prize pools. Hearthstone fans themselves also get the Thunder King Shaman Hero, Stolen Thunder card back, as well as 10 Rastakhan’s Rumble card packs and 10 Rise of Shadow card packs.
For competitive Hearthstone players, there are a few ways they can get an invite to Masters Tour Bucharest:
- Be a Hearthstone Grandmaster.
- Place in the top four in a Ranked Ladder Qualifier in either July or August.
- Place either first or second in an online Masters Qualifier between July 4 and August 25.
- Place either first or second at an on-site Masters Qualifier during Masters Tour Seoul.
- Place within the top eight at least six times at a Masters Qualifier during Masters Tour Bucharest.
Two weeks before each tournament begins, the registration for the online Masters Qualifiers will open. The first tournament is scheduled to begin on July 4 at 6:00 PM PT. You can find the full details of every tournament schedule on Battlefy.
As Hearthstone fans eagerly await Masters Tour Bucharest, they can also check out Masters Tour Las Vegas and reap the Twitch Drop rewards between June 14 and 16. Will you be giving these a look?
For more news about the card game, check out more of our Hearthstone coverage here at Daily Esports.