Developer Raven Software has released the Call of Duty: Warzone Season 2 Reloaded update and the accompanying patch notes. While the Black Ops Cold War update dropped last night, this Warzone patch is much smaller in terms of actual content. Of course, that doesn’t apply to the overall update file size, as usual with Warzone.
There were many fixes and changes that fans were hoping to see with this Warzone update. Though some of these issues were addressed, the developer didn’t turn in a huge weapon tuning pass and only fixed some of the game’s major bugs.
Warzone Season 2 Reloaded patch notes
The biggest takeaway from the patch notes is that the AUG from Black Ops Cold War has been nerfed, slightly. However, it’s not the huge nerf that many players were hoping for. Still, it’s something that could reduce the AUG’s viability and allow another gun, like the M16, to enter the fold.
Another huge aspect of the Season 2 Reloaded update is the infamous “Dev Error”, which has been resolved. Having said that, the error has only been fixed on Xbox so far, not on PC or PlayStation platforms. It’s unclear why Xbox received the fix first, but at least players on that specific platform won’t have to deal with the error anymore.
Finally, the overall patch size for the update is around 52-57 GB for Warzone-only players. With Modern Warfare also installed, this number jumps to over 100 GB. While this seems like a massive update, much of it is optimization, meaning the overall game size will be smaller once installed.
Here are the full patch notes, provided by developer Raven Software.
- Fixed Dev Error 6634 for Xbox.
- Fixed subtitles for Sims, Beck, and Garcia.
- Armor should now spawn consistently as ground loot across all matches.
- The Tactical Map has been updated:
- You can now double-click to place a Danger Ping.
- When hovering over some pingable objects you’ll now sometimes get the name of the object, making it easier to see what you’re pointing at.
- It should now be slightly easier to point at exactly what you want when items are very close to one another.
- Changed “Delete Pings” text to “Remove My Pings”.
- On Rebirth Island, an out of map exploit was fixed near Chemical Engineering.
- In Plunder, Self Revive can now be dropped via the Quick Inventory menu.
- With keyboard/mouse or any Bumper Ping control scheme, holding the Ping button down for a short time will let you clear all your placed pings at once.
- The Cold War AUG’s base recoil magnitude has been increased.
- Cold War weapon unlocks now appear properly in the After Action Report.
- The Suppressor muzzle now correctly displays muzzle flash concealment as a pro.
- The Cavalry Lancer barrel now increases damage done to vehicles.
- Smooth zoom/variable zoom scopes will now properly mount on vertical walls.
- Fixed some ADS firing animation issues on scopes.
- Fixed a bug where some Cold War barrels were not having their intended effects.
- Baker’s fourth Operator Mission Objective to eliminate 15 enemies using a weapon with an attached 2x magnified scope or greater now tracks properly.
There’s currently no indication as to when more balance changes will be coming to Warzone. Let’s hope more balance tweaks are inbound, along with a proper fix for the “Dev Error” bug on all platforms.