Overnight, Raven Software released the Season 6 update in Call of Duty: Warzone. This was joined by the content arriving in Black Ops Cold War, which is now a part of Warzone. As Treyarch did with Cold War one day earlier, Raven released the update’s patch notes for fans to sift through.
The patch notes for Season 6 of Warzone contain a solid amount of content, bug fixes and other gameplay changes. There’s also some weapon balancing but to the degree that some players wanted. Regardless, this is the last content update before the arrival of Vanguard. This means that players only have a little over a month to enjoy Verdansk before it’s destroyed. Players can look at the full Warzone Season 6 patch notes below and see what’s new in the last ride for Verdansk.
Warzone Season 6 patch notes
The full list of patch notes are viewable on Raven Software’s website but fans can see the bulk of the notes below. They cover the most important changes to the season.
- Tier 1
- “Disintegration” Legendary Sticker
- Tier 5
- “Scrub Brush” Legendary Milano 821 (BOCW) Blueprint
- Tier 9
- “Saint Death” Legendary Emblem
- Tier 15
- .410 Ironhide (BOCW) Weapon Unlock
- Tier 21
- “Final Chapter” Legendary Handgun Charlie (BOCW) Blueprint
- Tier 27
- “Cemetery Thorn” Legendary Pelington 703 (BOCW) Blueprint
- Tier 31
- Grav (BOCW) Weapon Unlock
- Tier 34
- “Carnival Troupe” Legendary Watch
- Tier 38
- “Cat Nip” Legendary AK-47 (BOCW) Blueprint
- Tier 39
- “Clean Break” Legendary Dirt Bike Skin
- Tier 44
- “Electrons” Legendary Emblem
- Tier 55
- “Carnival Prize” Legendary Submachine Gun Alpha (BOCW) Blueprint
- Tier 64
- “Hulking Monster” Legendary Calling Card
- Tier 65
- “Creepy Crawler” Legendary Bullfrog (BOCW) Blueprint
- Tier 71
- “Presidential” Legendary 1911 (BOCW) Blueprint
- Tier 72
- “Black Ops Mixtape” Legendary War Track
- Tier 75
- “Shell Shocked” Legendary Sticker
- Tier 76
- “Bonfire” Legendary Groza (BOCW) Blueprint
- Tier 81
- “Conjurer” Legendary M16 (BOCW) Blueprint
- Tier 85
- “Panda Bite” Legendary AK-74u (BOCW) Blueprint
- Tier 89
- “Carnival Game” Legendary Streetsweeper (BOCW) Blueprint
- Tier 92
- “Shooting Gallery” Legendary Calling Card
- Tier 95
- “Kill Shot” Ultra .410 Ironhide (BOCW) Blueprint
- Tier 97
- “Snippet Van” Legendary Charm
- Tier 99
- “Magic Lantern” Legendary Emblem
- Tier 100
- “Aurora Borealis” Ultra Mason Skin
- “Art Deco” Legendary Grav (BOCW) Blueprint
- “Dazzle Wagon” Epic SUV Skin
- “Season Six” Legendary Emblem
Scopes and scatterguns, the rebirth of…!
- Rebirth Resurgence
- This mode builds upon a map and ruleset combination that we already all know and love – Rebirth Resurgence!
- Limited Loot
- The loot table will only include Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, and Crossbows. Aim true, Operator.
- No Loadouts
- No free Loadouts Drops and no purchasable Loadout in the Buy Station either! Players will have to up their scavenging game and win with what they find!
- New Starting Weapon
- The 1911 (BOCW) isn’t exactly a Shotgun… so Players will spawn in with the thematic Marshal (BOCW) instead.
New Points of Interest
- Explosive charges have triggered a devastating seismic event in Verdansk, forming massive cracks right through Stadium and Downtown.
- Make your way through this system of passageways and armament rooms, find high value loot, and ascend back to the surface before anyone else does.
New Gulag, inspired by the Original
- Look familiar? We thought so. Same rules. Slightly different arena.
- Loot across Verdansk has been adjusted as follows…
- The .410 Ironhide (BOCW) and Grav (BOCW) have been added
- New Gulag loadouts
- New ground and Supply Box loot
- Plunder respawn behavior has been updated to provide Players with more dynamic infiltrations.
- The RC-XD Killstreak has been removed from all modes until further notice.
- Fixed a UI issue causing the Tempered Perk to display incorrectly during Plunder matches.
- Fixed a visual issue causing the C58 (BOCW) ejection port to not open during the firing animation.
- Fixed additional collision issues with various elements across Verdansk allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue causing a conflict between the audio of Red Doors and Supply Boxes.
- Fixed an issue causing Operator Bios and the “Set as Favorite” UI option to not appear when using a gamepad.
- Fixed an issue causing Seasonal Challenges to remain grayed-out while scrolling through the menu.
- Fixed an issue with the Krig 6 (BOCW) that would cause noticeable camera tilt while firing.
- Fixed an issue causing the Pelington 703 (BOCW) default reticle to appear misaligned.
- Fixed an issue causing the QBZ-83 (BOCW) to hitch when firing.
- Fixed an issue causing the Sniper Rifle Charlie (BOCW) default reticle to appear misaligned.
- Fixed an issue causing the TEC-9 (BOCW) hipfire reticle to not match the appropriate firing mode.
- Fixed an issue causing unintended bullet collision on the rear end of Payload Cargo Trucks.
- Fixed an issue with the firing audio on the “Turbo Powered” Bullfrog (BOCW) Blueprint.
- Fixed several issues related to the reload animations for both the Sniper Rifle Charlie (BOCW) and OTs 9 (BOCW).
- Fixed various issues that would result in Players experiencing either Dev Error 5476 or Dev Error 5573.
- Fixed various issues with Stitch’s subtitles while near Red Doors.
UI, UX and more
- Regiments are now frozen to ensure a smooth transition over to the new Clan-based system, coming later this year.
- Players will now only be able to view their Regiment Roster and inspect other Players.
- Players will no longer be able to create, manage, switch or invite others, use Regiment Tags, or receive Happy Hour rewards.
- Loot cards
- The visual style of all loot cards has been updated!
- In addition to this change, we’ve added information about the fire type of a Weapon to each loot card.
- This will allow Players to observe if a Weapon is automatic, semi-automatic, or burst before committing to it, without having to fire test shots or lose their next engagement.
- Killfeed (Time on screen)
- Added an option under the Accessibility menu to customize the amount of time that messages in the Killfeed stay on screen. This option is intended to support Hard of Vision, Hard of Hearing, and Cognitive Overload accessibility.
- The setting has 5 options:
- Off: Never show updates
- Default: Updates show for 10 seconds
- Medium: Updates show for 20 seconds
- Long: Updates show for 30 seconds
- Extended: Updates show for 60 seconds
- Note: This will not affect the duration of disconnect notifications.
- Mono audio
- Added an option under the Audio menu to adjust the degree to which the Mono Audio is applied when enabled.
- The setting is adjusted via a slider:
- A higher value merges sounds and sends them through left and right speakers in similar proportions.
- A lower value reduces the applied effect and preserves directional sound.
New weapons (BOCW)
- .410 Ironhide: Shotgun (Launch)
- Lever-action shotgun. High damage at close range with an improved fire rate. Reliable 2-shot kill with a short 1-shot kill range.
- Obtain the Rattler Shotgun for free and ready to use in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at Tier 15 of the Season Six Battle Pass.
- Grav: Assault Rifle (Launch)
- Full-auto assault rifle. Fast firing rifle with improved range. Fastest bullet velocity in class with modest damage and moderate recoil.
- Obtain the Grav Assault Rifle for free and ready to use in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone at Tier 31 of the Season Six Battle Pass.
- Battle Axe: Melee (Launch)
- Two-handed melee Weapon. Double bit axe with a straight wooden handle for powerful swings. Fell your foes and use them as kindling.
- Obtain the Battle Axe for free and ready to use in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone via in-game challenge or Store Bundle.
- LAPA: Submachine Gun (In-Season)
- Full-auto submachine gun. Lightweight prototype with reliable damage and good firing control. Improved handling and range with a slower fire rate..
- Obtain via reward during The Haunting Event or via Blueprint in the Store.
- Hammer and Sickle (in-season)
- Dual wield melee. A powerful union between industrial and agricultural tools. Demonstrate the strength of labor with deadly melee attacks at close-range.
- Obtain via unlock Challenge or via Blueprint in the Store.
New unlock challenge missions (BOCW)
- EM2: Assault Rifle
- Using Assault Rifles, rapidly kill 2 or more players in 15 different completed matches.
- TEC-9: Submachine Gun
- Using SMGs, get 2 Headshot kills in 15 different completed matches.
- C58 (BOCW)
- Recoil increased
- EM2 (BOCW)
- Recoil increased
Light machine guns
- MG 82 (BOCW)
- Gun Kick increased
- Recoil increased
- Reload interrupt time increased
- Raise interrupt time increased
- Light Machine Gun Alpha (BOCW)
- Gun Kick increased
- Recoil increased
» Lasers «
- Tiger Team Spotlight
- Movement Speed multiplier decreased from 3.2% to 3%
- ADS Movement Speed multiplier decreased from 3.2% to 3%
» Magazines «
- OTs 9 (BOCW)
- Spetsnaz 40 Rnd
- ADS Speed multiplier decreased from .85 to .835
- Reload Time decreased from 2.6 to 2.7 seconds
- Reload Empty Time decreased from 3 to 3.1 seconds
- VDV 40 Rnd Fast Mag
- ADS Speed multiplier decreased from .8 to .78
- Reload Time decreased from 1.93 to 2.11 seconds
- Reload Empty Time decreased from 2.23 to 2.32 seconds
- Spetsnaz 40 Rnd
While the patch notes don’t include many new changes, there are some aspects for fans to hone in on. The Tiger Team Spotlight receiving a nerf is significant for SMG loadouts, as it won’t be as effective as it was in Season 5 for mobility purposes. Weapon changes aren’t too extensive in themselves, with only the EM2 and C58 ARs receiving notable recoil increases.
The biggest talking point of the patch notes comes in the form of the playlist updates. Iron Trials ’84 is returning, much to players’ enjoyment, along with some new modes like Scopes and Shatterguns. Also, the old Gulag has returned for the final season of Verdansk, giving the map a proper send off.
That does it for the Season 6 patch notes in Warzone. Fans should expect another update within the month of Oct., possibly to address weapon balancing or even add more map changes with Vanguard. Until then, fans can enjoy Season 6 and all of its new content.