There’s a new currency in Fortnite Chapter 2 – Season 8 and it goes by the name of Color Bottles. Players may have noticed this new item when browsing the Battle Pass. More specifically, when looking deeper into Toona Fish, the latest customizable skin in Fortnite. Toona Fish, like Kymera in Season 7, has the ability to be upgraded and changed throughout the season. However, to do this, players need to find specific items on the map, like Color Bottles.
Similar to how the Alien Artifacts worked in Season 7, Color Bottles allow players to change how Toona Fish looks. This isn’t to be confused with Rainbow Ink, though, which is used to change Toona Fish’s outfits and styles. Color Bottles simply change the color of the skin.
Finding Color Bottles in Fortnite Season 8
Players can find Color Bottles in a similar way to how they find Rainbow Ink. Although, while players can only find Rainbow Ink from Cosmic Chests, Color Bottles have set locations around the map. When players view the Color Bottle screen for Toona Fish, they’ll see 21 different sets of colors.
If players select the first Color Bottle on the list, they’ll see exactly where they can find it on the map. As an example, the Ruby Red color set is found in Lockie’s Lighthouse, the one location we know of so far. This allows players to keep discovering locations as they unlock more color sets. There are three Color Bottles in each location and all are needed to unlock the color set.
Here are the locations for each color:
- Red Knight – Knightly Crimson – Fort Crumpet
- Love Ranger – Stone Gray – Mount F8
- A.I.M. – Robotic Grey – Destroyed Dish
- Mezmer – Mezmerizing Violet – Ship wreckage south of Believer Beach
- Brite Bomber – Brite Purple – Retail Row
- Crystal – Crystalline Blue – Wreckage south of Dirty Docks
- Snow Heart – Frozen Blue – Center of Coral Castle
- Diamond Diva – Diamond Blue – Gorgeous Gorge
- Rippley – Slurp Turqoise – Sludgy Swamp
- Ghoul Trooper – Ghoulish Green – Shanty Town, on the edge of the map near Sludgy Swamp
- Codename E.L.F. – Codename GRN – Corny Crops, in the corn
- Jonesy – Recruit Green – Weeping Woods Bridge
- Bushranger – Leafy Green – Stealthy Stronghold
- Peely – Banana Yellow – Rainbow Rentals
- Scorpion – Desert Sand – Wreckage west of Pleasant Park
- Midas – Midas Gold – Catty Corner
- Punk – Pumpkin Orange – The Orchard
- Renegade Raider – Renegade Red – Boney Burbs
- Ruby – Ruby Red – Lockie’s Lighthouse, all three within the tower
- Cuddle Team Leader – Cuddly Pink – Steamy Stacks
- Lexa – Y-Labs Magenta – Misty Meadows
One caveat to this system is that there are a set amount of Color Bottles that can be found each week. So players aren’t able to power through the sets and upgrade Toona Fish all the way in the first week of Season 8. However, players can still unlock a couple of colors for Toona Fish in the first week of Season 8.