The Hearthstone Grandmasters playoffs start July 12. In a partnership between Blizzard and Twitch, the playoff event will once again have Twitch Drops enabled. Everyone who has linked their Hearthstone account to their Twitch account will be able to earn two Rise of the Shadows packs. In addition to the 2 “guaranteed” Rise of Shadows packs, there will be up to 1500 Classic packs given out to viewers every hour of the broadcast.
How to connect your Hearthstone account to Twitch
Connecting your accounts is quite simple. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be good to go.
- Log in at Twitch.tv, or create an account if you have never used Twitch before.
- Go to the settings menu, which can be found at the top right of your browser, and click either on your icon or your Twitch username. Then navigate your way down to the “Settings” button. Alternatively, follow this link to head there directly.
- Navigate your way from the Settings page to the “Connections” tab.
- From the Connections tab, you will be able to link your account to Blizzard Battle.net. Follow the instructions on your screen, and make sure to set it to the right region so the Twitch Drops are being added to the correct account.
- All done! You are now ready to earn Twitch drops on select Hearthstone Twitch streams.
Where can I watch the stream to earn Twitch Drops?
A select number of channels will be eligible to have you earn the Twitch Drops.
By watching three hours of the broadcast you will earn your first “guaranteed” Twitch Drop, a Rise of Shadows card pack. You can earn another pack by watching a total of six hours of the Twitch Broadcasts. As mentioned earlier, up to 1500 Classic packs are given out to viewers every hour, so make sure to watch the streams to have a chance at more packs throughout the weekend.
The Hearthstone Grandmasters playoffs start on July 12 at 2:00 AM-3:00 PM PT / 5:00 AM-6:00 PM ET / 11:00 AM CET-midnight CET. The event will conclude on July 14, with the first three players making it into the Hearthstone Global Finals later in the year. For more information about the Global Finals, take a look at our recent article about it.