Apex Legends: Emergence is in full swing and the battle royale has arguably never been more popular. Top streamers from around the gaming community have flocked to the game thanks to its Ranked system and new season. Also, the downfall of other games, like Call of Duty: Warzone, has played no small part in the game’s resurgence. This resurgence has even led to casual players hopping back on Apex Legends. However, some haven’t played in years and might go by a different username than they did when they first played.
If this is the case for any player, they want to change their username before hopping back on Apex for good. This article will go into detail about how players can easily change their name and hop right back into Apex Legends.
Changing a username in Apex Legends
As of right now, the PC version of Apex holds the easiest way to change a username. The console versions require players to change their name for the entire system and not just the game itself. This is done through the system settings or through the publisher’s website.
On PC, though, players can just change their username for Apex Legends rather easily. This process takes place through the Origin or Steam launcher. The process is fairly simple for both launchers but the steps for both Steam and Origin are found below.
- Open Steam
- Click on your username in the top-right corner of the screen
- Click on “Your Profile”
- Find the “Edit Profile” button on the right side of the screen
- In the General tab, change the username in the required box
- Save the settings and log out and back into Steam
- Open Origin
- Find the “View” tab at the top of the screen
- Click on “My Profile”
- Click on “Edit on EA.com”
- Once on EA.com, click “edit” next to Basic Information
- Change the EA ID
- Save the settings and log out and back into Origin
That concludes the processes for changing a username in Apex Legends on PC.