Close Menu

Hit enter to search or ESC to close

With Worlds 2021 on the horizon, Riot Games released a major patch to League of Legends on Thursday. Patch 11.19 introduces the new mid lane champion Vex, a host of awesome new skins and the return of the Ultra Rapid Fire (URF) game mode. As always, the arrival of the Worlds patch also marks a huge content release. This guide will break down all of the free missions, token rewards and bonuses available to players taking the free-to-play path in the new Worlds 2021 event. For a walkthrough on all of the premium content available, check out our Worlds 2021 milestone missions and event pass guide.

The LoL Worlds 2021 event runs from Sep. 23 at 4 p.m. ET through Nov. 9, 2:59 a.m. ET. Players will have access to more free content in this event than any other League of Legends event throughout the year. That free-to-play content includes Worlds 2021 missions, a Night & Dawn mission, a Worlds Loot Orb mission and the classic Worlds 2021 watch missions.

Free-to-play Worlds 2021 missions

The biggest portion of free rewards available in the Worlds 2021 event is in the general mission line. These nine missions have fairly straightforward requirements and players can get a total of 225 Worlds event tokens by completing them. The first mission also unlocks the Worlds 2021 event icon.

All of the missions in this list can be worked towards across multiple runs of any PvP mode. None of requirements in the Option 2 column in the table below need to be completed in a single game.

Mission Option 1 Option 2 Rewards
Worlds 2021 Free Mission 1 Play 8 games Win 3 games 25 Worlds 2021 event tokens, Worlds 2021 event icon
Worlds 2021 Free Mission 2 Play 8 games Deal 120,000 damage to champions 25 Worlds 2021 event tokens
Worlds 2021 Free Mission 3 Play 8 games Gain 120 vision score 25 Worlds 2021 event tokens
Worlds 2021 Free Mission 4 Play 8 games Get 60 kills or assists 25 Worlds 2021 event tokens
Worlds 2021 Free Mission 5 Play 8 games Kill 600 jungle monsters 25 Worlds 2021 event tokens
Worlds 2021 Free Mission 6 Play 8 games Heal 32,000 damage 25 Worlds 2021 event tokens
Worlds 2021 Free Mission 7 Play 8 games Kill 20 champions 25 Worlds 2021 event tokens
Worlds 2021 Free Mission 8 Play 8 games Kill 700 minions 25 Worlds 2021 event tokens
Worlds 2021 Free Mission 9 Play 8 games Gain 100 crowd control score 25 Worlds 2021 event tokens

Night and Dawn mission

While League of Legends has previously done a full month-long Night vs. Dawn themed event, the theme is simply being used for a batch skin release this time around. In celebration of the new Dawnbringer and Nightbringer skins released in patch 11.19, Riot activated the following free mission for all League of Legends players:

Mission Option 1 Option 2 Rewards
Night & Dawn Play 10 games Play 5 games in a team featuring a Nightbringer or Dawnbringer skin 30 Worlds 2021 event tokens
Nightbringer Kayn base edition skin available in Worlds 2021 Patch 11.19 for League of Legends
The base edition of the Nightbringer Kayn skin is available both in the store and in the Worlds 2021 pass bundle. | Provided by Riot Games

Worlds 2021 Orb Mission

With each LoL event comes its own set of loot orbs. These loot orbs are found in the in-client store and can be purchased in large bundles. Each orb contains a random skin shard, with a bonus chance of also finding a gemstone, a mythic rarity skin or a new Worlds Peak Performance Bag.

The Worlds Peak Performance Bag drops at a 3.5% chance and contains either three (60% chance) or five (40% chance) additional skin shards.

While owners of the new event pass will have received four loot orbs automatically and can unlock two more through milestone missions, Riot has made a Worlds 2021 loot orb available for free-to-play players as well.

Mission Objective Rewards
Worlds 2021 Orb Mission Play 30 games 40 Worlds 2021 event tokens and 1 Worlds 2021 Loot Orb

Worlds 2021 Watch Missions

Of course, the biggest part of Worlds 2021 is the tournament itself. A pinnacle of esports competition, Worlds this year will feature 22 teams from across the globe representing 11 major competitive regions. For an incredibly in depth look at the teams participating, check out our Worlds 2021 outlook series.

But whether you are an avid fan of League of Legends esports or simply a casual player of the game, there is something to gain from this competition for everyone. That’s because there are four extra missions in this event tied to watching the games.

Mission Objective Rewards
Watching Worlds 1 Watch 1 Worlds game 500 Blue Essence
Watching Worlds 2 Watch 10 more Worlds games Esports Capsule
Watching Worlds 3 Watch 25 more Worlds games Esports Capsule, Worlds Reward Capsule
Watching Worlds Finals Watch the finals of Worlds 2021 Esports Capsule, Worlds Reward Capsule

All of these missions can only be completed on the official LoL Esports website. While the first three missions will become available when the event begins (and can be completed one after another), the fourth mission will only activate when the finals begin.

The Worlds Reward Capsule comes with one of four possible rewards: a random exclusive Worlds 2021 icon, a random exclusive Worlds 2021 emote, an Esports Capsule or a Hextech Chest and key bundle.

While Riot did not reveal details on what is contained in the Esports Capsule, past versions of the item have contained pro League of Legends themed summoner icons and emotes.

Pizza. Music. Baseball. Wrestling. Netflix. If society thinks it's a waste of time, I'm probably addicted to it. Also, I write about stuff sometimes.
https://www.upcomer.com/wp-content/themes/upcomer