2021 is already looking fruitful for Pokémon GO players. Yesterday, they announced a New Year event, and today, they announced a Unova event. It begins on Tuesday, January 5, 2021, at 10:00 AM and goes to Sunday, January 10, at 8:00 PM local time.
Here’s everything we know about the event, and what you can look forward to.
Pokémon GO Unova event
As a part of the Countdown to Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto, the game will celebrate the Unova region next. The event will feature Pokémon from Unova, as well as other bonuses. Here’s what they are:
- Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Lillipup, Herdier, Blitzle, Roggenrola, Drilbur, Scraggy, Tympole, Venipede, Trubbish, Gothita, Solosis, and Ferroseed will be appearing more frequently in the wild! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Snivy!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5km Eggs: Roggenrola, Sewaddle, Petilil, Emolga, Karrablast, Joltik, Elgyem, and Shelmet
- Enjoy event-exclusive Field Research tasks that reward Stardust and lead to encounters with Pokémon such as Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, and Ferroseed.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing in raids.
- Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Timburr, Dwebble, and Klink will be appearing in one-star raids.
- Herdier, Tranquill, Excadrill, and Amoonguss will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Genesect holding a Burn Drive will be appearing in five-star raids. This will be the first time this form of Genesect will be appearing in Pokémon GO, so be sure to catch it while you have the chance! Note that the Shiny form of this Genesect will not be available during this event.
- Mega Charizard Y, Mega Blastoise, and Mega Abomasnow will be appearing in Mega Raids, with Mega Charizard Y becoming even more powerful from Tuesday, January 5, 2021, at 10:00 AM through Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 10:00 AM local time.
— Pokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) December 23, 2020
We also know that after this event ends, we can look forward to a Sinnoh event soon after. This likely also means there will be events for each region. Be sure to stay tuned for more!