Here’s everything that you need to know about the new update.
New Training Mode Update
Teased time and time again, PUBG has finally released the map, features of the map, and screenshots of the brand-new training mode that will arrive with Update #21.
The training mode is designed to enable players to practice all aspects of PUBG. These include:
- Offroad Driving
- Stunt Driving
- Equipment Usage
- Throwables Range
These sections are dedicated to certain areas on the new map which was revealed alongside the patch notes:
Training Mode Details
- You can join through matchmaking by clicking on the “Training Mode” button in the lobby.
- When there are more than five players in the matchmaking queue, the session will start. Players will continue to join open sessions for up to five minutes after they start. (Up to 20 per session.)
- Total playtime is 30 minutes.
- Players cannot drop below 1HP in Training mode meaning players can pretty much fly out of cars undamaged.
New Weapon: MK47 Mutant
With the new update comes a brand-new weapon to the 7.62mm family. The MK47 Mutant is described as the “early game Marskman rifle.”
In my opinion, this is one of the best weapon ideas alongside the current options. It’s not too overpowering yet it serves a purpose for those that may not want to use sniper rifles. The name MK47 Mutant may also be foreshadowing a series of “MK47” weapons. Future updates could include a newer version of the MK47 with another name. We’ll see!
MK47 Mutant Details
- The MK47 Mutant can be found on all three maps (Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok).
- MK47 Mutant is an AR weapon using 7.62mm bullets with a 20-round capacity, which can be upgraded to 30 rounds with an extended magazine.
- The Mutant has two firing modes: single shot and two-round burst.
- Almost all types of attachments can be used with the MK47, but it has no stock slot.
New Sanhok Exclusive Vehicle: Tukshai
And the one we’ve all been waiting for… The Tuk-Tuk!
The Tuk-Tuk was teased many months ago from PlayerUnknown himself on his Twitter account.
“doot doot mr tuk-tuk”
However, it seems the PUBG community’s heart was set on the idea and it’s now in full swing coming to the new update! The release of the new Tukshai was revealed in a humorous YouTube video uploaded earlier today.
I hate to be a stick in the mud but personally, I think there is no real strategy for using the Tuk-Tuk as it has no doors, three wheels, a tiny engine, and no power which is not much use when you’re in a high-combat environment. However, as Sanhok is designed to add more fun and active rounds, the Tuk-Tuk will fit in nicely and most probably be used to boost the squad morale.
There’s not much to say about this monstrosity. However:
- The Tukshai is a three-person vehicle that substitutes the UAZ, Dacia, and Minibus.
- The Tukshai is slower compared to the previous vehicles but fits perfectly with Sanhok’s environment and culture.
New Supply System
A new supply system has been added to the new update which gives players the chance to claim XP and prizes for various tasks and playtime progress.
Supply System Details
- You can level up and get rewards when you fill the Survival gauge with survival XP.
- Missions will be refreshed daily and weekly.
- You earn a reward every time you gain a survival level.
It would be nice to see a fully working XP and prestige system in which the additional tasks are there to increase the player’s level. Although, the PUBG developers are in the process of choosing what works and what doesn’t work. The Sanhok Exclusive Season Pass was the first real attempt at an XP system, but we’re still yet to see a full release version of the DLC.
New Laser Sight Attachment
This is the first update for a long time since PUBG released a new attachment for all weapons. The laser sight attachment is the newest addition, giving players a ranged laser beam to aid with aiming accuracy.
The laser sight attachment was revealed in a video earlier today.
I think this is a very nice idea as it can help players build their accuracy. Although there is the training mode, players are always learning new things in matches so it would be nice to see even more competitive gameplay using this attachment.
General Bug, Performance, and UI/UX Fixes
In addition to the new update. PUBG has also focused on the “FIX PUBG“ campaign which was announced over a month ago. The updates and improvements are too minor to discuss but can be found listed in the patch notes.
If you have any comments or queries based on the post, please let us know in the comments, we’d love to hear from you!
And lastly, if you’re interested, you can check out our other PUBG coverage here for more news, guides, and updates.