While the PC scene of Call of Duty is quickly growing, the franchise is still predominantly played using a controller. With the release of Warzone Pacific, players’ controller settings were completely reset. Also, Caldera calls for a new style of gameplay, so the best settings for controllers have changed slightly in Warzone Pacific.
Below, players can see the current recommended list of controller settings in Season 1.
Best controller settings in Warzone Pacific
The settings will go by section, as there are multiple lists of settings within the controller menu of Warzone Pacific.
- BR Button Layout: Tactical
- Stick Layout Preset: Default
- Invert Vertical Look: Disabled
- Deadzone: 0 (increase if stick drift is a problem)
- Horizontal Stick Sensitivity: 7
- Vertical Stick Sensitivity: 7
- ADS Sensitivity Multiplier (Low Zoom): 0.75
- ADS Sensitivity Multiplier (High Zoom): 0.85
- Aim Response Curve Type: Standard for newer players, Dynamic for veterans
- Controller Vibration: Disabled
Most of these settings come down to personal preference. However, the Aim Response Curve Type is important to note, as certain players will benefit from a certain setting. Dynamic is perfect for those with pinpoint aim, while Standard is a great option for newer players. Ensuring the Deadzone is at its lowest possible value, without getting stick drift, helps with aiming as well.
- Aim Assist: Precision
- Scale Aim Assist with FOV: Enabled
- Weapon Mount Activation: ADS + Melee
- Weapon Mount Movement Exit: Enabled
- Aim Down Sight Behavior: Hold
- Equipment Behavior: Hold
- Use/Reload Behavior: Tap to use
- Depleted Ammo Weapon Switch: Enabled
- Armor Plate Behavior: Apply One
The most consistent Aim Assist option is Precision but players can adjust if needed. Most of the other settings are standard in Warzone Pacific. Players will want to ensure they’re using Tap for use/reload behavior. This makes the game much easier when looting and performing other actions.
- Slide Behavior: Hold
- Auto Move Forward: Disabled
- Automatic Sprint: Auto Tactical Sprint
- Vehicle Camera Recenter: Enabled
- Parachute Auto-Deploy: Disabled
Once again, there aren’t many surprises with these settings. Players will want to be absolutely they’re using Automatic Tac Sprint for the fastest possible movement. Also, holding for slide behavior will allow players to slide cancel with much more precision and ease.