Core Set 2020 spoilers have been coming out for the past week or so, and oh boy are there some awesome cards in it! Today, the full spoiler of Core Set 2020 went up, so we’re going to take a look at some of the best cards for MTG Arena players (in no particular order).
The Top 5 Core Set 2020 Cards for MTG Arena
- Leyline of the Void – Arclight Phoenix and Command the Dreadhorde decks both love their graveyard, so this will be a super solid sideboard card. It turns off Azcanta in control decks and Find//Finallity in Midrange decks as well. While it won’t be the centerpiece for any deck, most Best of 3 sideboards will probably run a few of these.
- Tale’s End – MTG Arena Standard is overflowing with Planeswalker decks, and this Stifle variant answers Planeswalkers incredibly well. If you have it early, you can counter Planeswalkers or the Amonkhet Zombie Gods. If you draw it late, then you can still use it to stifle relevant activated or triggered abilities like a Teferi ultimate.
- Planar Cleansing – Planar Cleansing is a strong board wipe. It destroys literally all non-land permanents on the field. This includes Planeswalkers, which we’ve been seeing a ton of lately. It also has some sick synergy with Teferi, Time Raveler, in that he allows you to cast it at instant speed. While we don’t really need more control elements in MTG Arena Standard, it’ll be nice to have after rotation in the Fall.
- Legion’s End – Aggressive decks have been abundant on MTG Arena for a while now, and they are very, very strong. Legion’s End is a cheap, effective way of dealing with tokens and small creatures. It’s not on this list because it’s flashy, but because it’s quite easy to play and has a lot of targets in MTG Arena Standard.
- Chandra, Awakened Inferno – Chandra is uncounterable and sets up emblems that ping your opponent every turn. Gruul decks after Core Set 2020 will want to ramp her out, Grixis Control will want her as a top-end threat, and any deck running Red may just bring her in from the sideboard against control decks of all kinds.
So there we have it! If you’re looking over this list, you may realize that most of the these Core Set 2020 cards listed are answers. Leyline of the Void, Tale’s End, Planar Cleansing, and Legion’s End all give players the ability to answer threats from a variety of different kinds of decks which is important for a healthy format. There are a ton of powerful cards in Core Set 2020 for MTG Arena, though, so be prepared for a wildly different meta.
Thank you all for reading! If you want more MTG content, be sure to check out our MTG news page!