Act 1 of “Arcane” released to huge fanfare on Netflix this Saturday and Riot Games is moving on to the next phase of events to celebrate the launch of the series. A new event called Progress Days introduces an entirely new interactive experience on the Riot X Arcane website, giving players the ability to complete new missions that unlock several free rewards in all of Riot’s games. This guide will focus on the introductory mission as well as a side quest that gives players a free exclusive Poro gun buddy in VALORANT.
Note for Google Chrome users: Before getting started, make sure you have hardware acceleration enabled or you may experience game-breaking lag.
How to start the Progress Days event on the Riot X Arcane website
To get started on the Progress Days event, navigate to the official Riot X Arcane website. Once there, click on the Explore Now button on the Progress Days screen. This will begin a conversation with three League of Legends “Arcane” champions: Heimerdinger, Jayce and Viktor. Click through the dialog boxes to complete the introductory mission “Progress Days: Worlds Beyond” and begin the interactive journey.
Riot X Arcane: ‘We Can Rebuild’ story mission
Before you can unlock any of the free rewards scattered throughout the Progress Days event, you first need to complete the introductory mission. This step-by-step guide will easily navigate you through that.
- Click on Heimerdinger to begin the quest “Heimerdinger’s Lab: We Can Rebuild.” This will begin a lengthy dialog with Heimerdinger, Jayce and Viktor and will also introduce Jinx as a silhouette.
- Click through the dialog until the “We Can Rebuild: Heimerdinger’s Notes” mission begins. Your next task will be to talk to Sett.
- Open the map using the icon in the top left of the screen. Head to Summoner’s Park.
- Upon loading in, talk to Gwen. This will complete the side mission “Summoner’s Park: Looking Sharp!” and activate a new mission with Jhin called “Summoner’s Park: Make a Masterpiece.” Ignore this for now.
- Drag your screen to the right until you see Sett standing in front of an arch.
- Click on Sett and talk through the dialog. Once complete, a book will spawn next to Sett.
- Pick up the book to collect Heimerdinger’s Compendium of Arcane Variance.
- Click on the map to head back to Heimerdinger’s Lab. Speak with Heimerdinger until you complete the mission “We can Rebuild: Heimerdinger’s Notes” and begin the mission “We can Rebuild: Tracking Device.”
- Talk to Heimerdinger again and complete the dialog with him, Jayce and Viktor.
- Click on the map again and head to Killjoy’s Lab. This will begin a dialog with VALORANT agents Phoenix and Killjoy.
- After completing the dialog, drag the screen to the right to find Killjoy sitting in her lab, wearing a yellow jacket.
- Talk to Killjoy. Once the dialog is complete, a black device will begin floating next to Killjoy.
- Pick up the device to collect the Radianite Tracking Device.
- Click on the map and head back to Heimerdinger’s Lab to return the tracker to Heimerdinger. This will complete the mission “We Can Rebuild: Tracking Device.”
While a few of the above missions are not mandatory to unlock the Poro Gun Buddy, completing them will ensure your questline is in order and will allow you to unlock all of the other rewards. From here, you can immediately begin working on side quests to unlock the new Arcane drops.
Killjoy’s Lab: Exclusive “Poro” gun buddy for VALORANT
Players that are interested in unlocking the exclusive Poro gun buddy in VALORANT will want to first focus on the Killjoy’s Lab questline.
- Open the map and head back to Killjoy’s Lab.
- Scroll to the right until you see Killjoy. Click on the big blue screen above her to collect Killjoy’s Screen.
- Speak to Killjoy. She will ask you to now look through her notes.
- Scroll all the way to the left side of the room where you met Phoenix. Click on the small pile of papers to collect Killjoy’s Notes.
- Return to Killjoy. When she asks you to present results from her notes, click the option for the Green Note.
- Click through the dialog boxes until Killjoy asks for a cup of coffee.
- Drag your screen to the right until you see the interaction button on the red coffee maker next to Killjoy. Click on it to collect the Coffee Machine.
- Speak to Killjoy to hand her the fresh cup of coffee. This will complete the mission “Killjoy’s Lab: Code Caffeine” and start a new mission with Jett, titled “Killjoy’s Lab: Into the Field.”
- Scroll to the left and speak with Jett.
- Click through the dialog boxes until Jett asks you to play a game of VALORANT.
- Speak to Jett again and tell her you’ve played the game even if you haven’t. This will complete the mission “Killjoy’s Lab: Into the Field” and start a new quest with Yoru, titled “Killjoy’s Lab: One Agent’s Trash.”
- Drag your screen all the way to the right until your camera shifts to the upper floor.
- Speak with Yoru until he tosses you a Poro charm. This will complete the mission “Killjoy’s Lab: One Agent’s Trash” and reward you with a new and exclusive Poro gun buddy to use in VALORANT.
- Once the Poro has been received, you’ll have the option to unlock a new mini-game.
- Scroll all the way to the left until you see Phoenix. Speak with Phoenix to unlock the Shooting Range and complete the mission “Visit the Shooting Range.”
To unlock a free Arcane Capsule and Summoner Icon in League of Legends, check out our guide to the Summoner’s Park questline. For other free Riot Games content, check out our Arcane streaming drops guide.