The entirety of the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 3 content roadmap has been officially revealed. Activision released the content roadmap for both games on Monday, just ahead of the Wednesday release of Season 3. Fans can now get an idea of what to expect at the start of the season and throughout the course of the latest content installment.
Releasing a roadmap before a new season has become a tradition for Call of Duty. Roadmaps create hype for what’s coming and allow fans to fully view what the developers have in store. However, there’s no official date for half of the content, which has also become a tradition.
Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Season 3 roadmap
Below, players can see every piece of content revealed on the Season 3 roadmap. This includes new weapons, Operators, maps and modes coming to both Black Ops Cold War and Warzone. Included is a general reference to the release timeline on each piece of new content that is coming to either game.
- Yamantau (6v6): at launch
- Diesel (2v2, 6v6): at launch
- Standoff (6v6): in-season
- Duga (Multi-Team): in-season
- Sticks and Stones: launch
- Multi-Team Elimination: in-season
- Strafe Run (launch)
- PPSH-41 (SMG): launch
- Swiss K31 (Sniper Rifle): launch
- Ballistic Knife: Warzone – in-season
- Carv.2 (Tactical Rifle): in-season
- AMP63 (Pistol): in-season
- Baseball Bat: in-season
- Knight: in-season
- Wraith: launch
- Captain Price: launch
- Antonov: in-season
- Map update
- Event: Hunt for Adler
- Duga – Outbreak Region
- Field Upgrade – Toxic Growth
- Cargo Truck, Fav – Outbreak Vehicles
- Four new Multiplayer Prestige levels
- New 100-tier Battle Pass
- Midseason event: Season 3 Reload
There’s certainly some exciting content coming in Season 3. The PPSH-41 SMG and Standoff are among the headlines, as the weapon and map are among the most popular in the franchise. Warzone should also undergo some huge changes, as the rumored nuke event is set to occur with the release of Season 3.
The “map update” outlined in the roadmap is apparently a transformation to a 1980’s version of Verdansk. The current version is reportedly going to be nuked to contain the zombie outbreak.
Season 3 releases on April 21 for all systems.