To celebrate the launch of the “Arcane” animated series on Netflix, Riot Games has been running an event called Riot X Arcane that allows players to complete various missions and unlock rewards in a new interactive web game. Players have already been able to unlock a free Arcane capsule and summoner icon in League of Legends, an exclusive Poro gun buddy in VALORANT, 100 poro coins in Wild Rift and a Gizmos & Gadgets Little Legends egg in Teamfight Tactics. Now, a new update to the Riot X Arcane missions allows players to unlock a Jayce champion card in Legends of Runeterra.
To unlock the new Jayce champion card, follow our guide below.
Note: Before getting started, make sure you have hardware acceleration enabled in your browser or you may experience game-breaking lag.
How to start the Progress Days event on the Riot X Arcane website
To get started on the Progress Days event, navigate to the official Riot X Arcane website. Once there, click on the Explore Now button on the Progress Days screen. This will begin a conversation with three League of Legends “Arcane” champions: Heimerdinger, Jayce and Viktor. Click through the dialog boxes to complete the introductory mission “Progress Days: Worlds Beyond” and begin the interactive journey.
Riot X Arcane: ‘We Can Rebuild’ story mission
Before you can unlock any of the free rewards scattered throughout the Progress Days event, you first need to complete the introductory mission. This step-by-step guide will easily navigate you through that.
- Click on Heimerdinger to begin the quest “Heimerdinger’s Lab: We Can Rebuild.” This will begin a lengthy dialog with Heimerdinger, Jayce and Viktor and will also introduce Jinx as a silhouette.
- Click through the dialog until the “We Can Rebuild: Heimerdinger’s Notes” mission begins. Your next task will be to talk to Sett.
- Open the map using the icon in the top left of the screen. Head to Summoner’s Park.
- Upon loading in, talk to Gwen. This will complete the side mission “Summoner’s Park: Looking Sharp!” and activate a new mission with Jhin called “Summoner’s Park: Make a Masterpiece.” Ignore this for now.
- Drag your screen to the right until you see Sett standing in front of an arch.
- Click on Sett and talk through the dialog. Once complete, a book will spawn next to Sett.
- Pick up the book to collect Heimerdinger’s Compendium of Arcane Variance.
- Click on the map to head back to Heimerdinger’s Lab. Speak with Heimerdinger until you complete the mission “We can Rebuild: Heimerdinger’s Notes” and begin the mission “We can Rebuild: Tracking Device.”
- Talk to Heimerdinger again and complete the dialog with him, Jayce and Viktor.
- Click on the map again and head to Killjoy’s Lab. This will begin a dialog with VALORANT agents Phoenix and Killjoy.
- After completing the dialog, drag the screen to the right to find Killjoy sitting in her lab, wearing a yellow jacket.
- Talk to Killjoy. Once the dialog is complete, a black device will begin floating next to Killjoy.
- Pick up the device to collect the Radianite Tracking Device.
- Click on the map and head back to Heimerdinger’s Lab to return the tracker to Heimerdinger. This will complete the mission “We Can Rebuild: Tracking Device.”
From here, you can immediately begin working on side quests to unlock all of the new Arcane drops.
University District: Claim a free Jayce champion card in Legends of Runeterra
To unlock the Jayce champion card in Legends of Runeterra, you’ll have to work on the “Piltover University: Take a Turret” questline.
- To begin, open the map and head to the University of Piltover.
- Click through the dialog with Heimerdinger’s doppelganger, Doppeldinger.
- Drag your screen to the right until you see the large golden university above. Click on it.
- Click on the pile of notes in the middle of the room to collect Doppeldinger’s Turret Designs.
- Return to Doppeldinger in the university courtyard to complete the mission “Piltover University: Take a Turret” and begin the mission “Piltover University: Talk Strategy.”
- Drag your screen to the right until you see Cithria, a girl in brown leather attire.
- Complete the dialog with Cithria until she asks you to play Legends of Runeterra. Note: You don’t actually need to play a match.
- Click through the link and then return to Cithria.
- Speak with Cithria until you complete the mission “Piltover University: Talk Strategy.” This will start the mission “Piltover University: Riddle Me This.”
- Drag your screen all the way to the right.
- Speak with the Academic in the white ruffle dress. She will give you a riddle.
- Speak with the woman again. When she asks you to complete the riddle, pick the option that mentions Jayce. This will complete the mission “Piltover University: Riddle Me This” and unlock a Jayce champion card in your Legends of Runeterra inventory.
Once you’ve unlocked your new Jayce card, you can progress with missions in other areas. If you’ve completed all of the missions to date, you’ll have to wait for new rewards to be released. You can view the rewards calendar on the Riot X Arcane website.